Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Elephants in the Living Room - Part 1 (Release Notes)

As of today, November 5th, 2013, the first part of my story 'Elephants in the Living Room' is available through Amazon for digital purchase for $2.99. It's about 108 pages long, in and around 44k words, and will be followed by two pieces of similar size, which will round out the 'Elephants' story.

 Buy or Sample Elephants in the Living Room on Amazon


Simply click the image above to see the Amazon page for 'Elephants in the Living Room Part One'.

About the Book
High school student David Marcus Paul grapples with his views of the world, relationships, and the road ahead as he begins to understand that life isn't as black and white as he originally thought. A coming-of-age story about family, faith and friendship during a time when such things are easily taken for granted, 'Elephants' combines humor and drama to create a narrative that mirrors life itself. Following David from the end of his junior year through the beginning of his senior year in the class of 2003, the story grows with him and his increasingly uncertain inner monologue as he learns what it means to be a son, a friend, a brother, and, scariest of all, an adult.

Author's Notes
For anyone who is familiar with me or knows me well, especially during my high school years, you may come to see some shared experiences reflected in this book. All that I ask is that you keep in mind that this book is a work of fiction, and while much of what transpires within it is inspired by actual events and people, the characters are of my own design. This is especially true of the main character, David.

David Paul is a collection of my own thoughts and concerns. He is, in a way, a view of myself, but only one facet of that. I am not David Paul, and David Paul is not me, yet we share many traits. I bring this up only because I know that the majority of my audience for this work are close friends, family members, and coworkers. Do not read this piece expecting to get a journal of my life, for you will be misled. Worse yet, do not read this piece expecting to see yourself therein, for you will be disappointed.

With that little disclaimer out of the way, I hope that you will check out the book, and as always let me know what you think. If you read it and enjoy it, write a review! Your feedback will only help the success of 'Elephants', as well as of any future pieces I publish.

I plan to have 'Elephants 2' ready for publication by December 5th, and Elephants 3 by January 5th. This spaces the editing work out far enough to allow for continued work on Round 10, as well as letting me take care of other aspects of my life that need attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment