Monday, November 4, 2013

Elephants at the Door

I finally did it. As of today, November 4th, I have submitted the first third of my novel, 'Elephants in the Living Room', to Kindle Direct Publishing. By tomorrow morning it should be available for purchase. It feels strange. Scary and euphoric all at once.

In editing and revising the piece these last few days, I questioned whether or not I should rewrite it from the ground up. The language it uses is very indicative of the time I originally wrote it, which was nearly seven years ago now. It doesn't sound like my current writing. However, I decided to leave it as-is, since the tone, diction, and overall feeling is very important to the story being told. No use screwing up that by injecting current-me's attitudes and language.

Anyways, I will post a link when it is up for sale. The only thing holding it back right now, that I can see being an issue, is the fact that there are other pieces with very similar titles. But it shouldn't be too hard to make any necessary changes.

Stay tuned to Experience Points for more info on how you can get a hold of your own digital copy of my first book!

No comments:

Post a Comment