Saturday, March 15, 2014

Writing, Routine & Resolutions

So the resolutions aren't going great. Some I've made great progress on, and others (like blogging at least once a week) I've let slide. There's a lot of things I can blame it on, but ultimately it comes down to my lack of self discipline.

When I started this blog, I talked a lot about writing routines and how important it is to maintain a consistent habit of writing every day, even if its as simple as a journal entry. With Round 10 moving towards print, I've been trading writing time for editing time, formatting time, and layout time. And so I want to get back into the writing, now that R10 is out to the beta readers and is out of my hands until at least May 1st.

And so I present this to you, faithful reader. Help be the fuel for my writing, the inspiration. I pose to you this offer: comment on this post with 5 words. Any 5 words. They can be nonsensical, an incomplete thought. They could be silly or thought provoking. Just comment with them. I will choose those I find most interesting, and write something based off of them. It could be a short story, a poem, or just a character analysis or set of story beats. But I will write it and I will post it! So comment with those 5 words!

2 comments:

  1. Friendship
    Hoopla
    Unexplored
    Melancholy
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mastodon
    Kumquat
    Onomatopoeia
    Frost
    Radient

    ReplyDelete