Monday, March 4, 2013

A Funny, and Uplifting, Acting Story...

Not in that it has anything to do with acting, but that it is something that happened today during my Acting class.

Or rather, just before my Acting class.

My partner for the doubles-scene I'm a part of this Wednesday had brought her daughter in to Acting class last week. A meek young girl who said little and pretty much stayed glued to her mother's side most of the time, I did my best to keep her at least somewhat engaged through our acting shenanigans.

Anyway, today, her mother, my partner, relayed to me a conversation she had with her daughter, which went something like this;

Amy (the daughter): "Nick was really neat! Is he going to be an actor?"
Michelle (my partner): "No, he's going to become a teacher."
Amy: "Oh, at what school? I want to have him next year!"

It was a heart-warming statement that made my head swell a bit. There was also part of it that made me lament not being further ahead in my teaching career already. Yet, I suppose, the fact that I'm pushing forward with it now is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment